Join a CDO Soccer Club team after placements
For players with birth years 2010 and later, we offer the PDP Open Enrollment option during the whole season year. Follow the link below for details and to register in the CDO PDP program.
For families with players with birth years 2009 and earlier who missed player placements, or are new to the area, there is always an option to join as long as there is a team with space available. Follow the "Request to join" link below to the Join CDO Application Form.
There are several changes for 2017-18, so please read the information below carefully so you know how to register your son or daughter correctly for open enrollment or player placements.[/box]
U5-U8 PDP Open Enrollment
2010 and later birth year
For kids entering the ground floor of our club, the Player Development Pathway Program (PDP), CDO Soccer Club has open enrollment; everybody is welcome to register and registration remains open until all spaces are filled!
[biginfobox color="#1a325d" textcolor="#ffffff" href="https://www.cdosoccer.com/tryouts/tryout-registration/" button_title="Register Now!" layout="vertical"]
U9-U10 PDP Open Enrollment
2008 and 2009 birth year
In the U9-U10 age groups, ALL players should register via this link for placements as everyone will take part in some evaluation sessions before the season begins. Again, this is open enrollment, the evaluation session at placement helps us with programming our coaching content.
U9 - U19 Club Teams
2009 and earlier birth year
You can request to join an existing CDO Soccer Club team by submitting the request form below. We will review your application and determine if we have places available for your player.
[biginfobox color="#e8b83b" textcolor="#172c53" title="" href="https://www.cdosoccer.com/tryouts/tryout-registration/" button_title="Register Now!" layout="vertical"]
U11-U19 Team Placement
1999-2007 birth year
For teams U11 and up, CDO Soccer Club holds player placements each season during the open tryout window of May 1st - June 15th as defined in the Arizona Youth Soccer Association (AYSA) bylaws.
NEW for 2017-18
- CDO Soccer Club is now part of the FC Tucson Alliance! (You can read more about this elsewhere on the site)
- Mini seasons of 6-7 weeks allow for families to have more flexibility in activities with multiple children
- Once during each mini season, players will meet up with another FC Tucson Alliance club for festival play
- FC Tucson will host all youth players at Kino Sports Complex once or twice during the year in a huge fun soccer festival!
Our "in house program" coaching is by trained volunteers, (new volunteer coaches must agree to go through coach training/basic licensing), who have access to coaching support, season plans and a professionally designed and updated online coaching curriculum in association with The Coaching Manual
Spaces do fill quickly, so register now!
The Player Placement Process
Our objective is to place as many players as possible within CDO Soccer Club - in order to do so, players must register ahead of time for placement sessions so our Director of Coaching can assign coaches to the different age groups.
- If players do not register in advance, we don't know that you're coming and cannot assign coaches accurately! Please register for placements at least 5-7 days ahead of time.
- Players attend a placement session in early May to be evaluated by coaches to find the most suitable team.
- Following the tryout sessions, players selected to join a team will be notified of their selection and asked to respond in a timely manners so that in the event they decline a spot, another player on the wait list can be given that position. Those players not selected will also be notified.
- To confirm a spot in a team, players will submit their annual registration fee and complete registration paperwork.
As a courtesy to all involved in the process, players are expected to honor their commitment if they accept a position with one of our teams.