Recruiting Timeline and Division Rules
As a college-bound student athlete, you are responsible for your eligibility- that means planning ahead, taking high school classes seriously and protecting your amateur status. You are a student first then athlete so maintain a good GPA and prep for the ACT/SAT comes first prior for recruiting.
Phone calls, emails, social media contact. Includes private messages, incoming and outgoing calls.
- DI & II: June 15th of Sophomore year
- DIII & NAIA: Anytime
Off Campus Contact:
Any face-to-face contact off-campus where a coach says more than hello.
- August 1st of junior year
Any visit to a college campus by you and your parents paid for by the college.
- D1: August 1st of Junior year. 1 visit per college and limited to 5 total.
- DII: June 15th after Sophomore year, 1 visit per college but unlimited schools.
- DIII/NAIA/ Junior College: January 1st of junior year. 1 visit per college but unlimited schools.
Any visit by you and your parents to a college campus paid for by you and your parents.
- D1: August 1st of Junior year.
- DII: Anytime but most follow D1.
- DIII: Anytime, Unlimited Visits.
- NAIA: Anytime, Unlimited Visits.
Verbal Offers / Commitments
No verbal offers/commitments until June 15 after sophomore year but most coaches want to do this process during junior year.